See also: AT&T Voicemail Not Working?
If you restore your iPhone or otherwise swap your SIM card to a different iPhone you’ll likely get the “Cannot Connect to Voicemail” message on your visual voicemail screen which tells you to call AT&T.
If you’re like me, you’d rather fix it yourself and save the time of the phone call.
Here’s how to fix your iPhone voicemail when it says it cannot connect:
- Call your own phone number from the phone, which will take it to your voicemail inbox.
- Press * to enter into the menu options.
- Press the option to go into Personals Settings.
- Press the option to go into Administrative Settings.
- Press the option for Password Settings.
- Set a new password. You likely will have forgotten your old one, but you don’t need to know it to set a new one.
- After successfully setting your password, hang up.
- Go get a drink, or reboot the phone. Give it a second to notice the change.
- A strange little dialog will pop up (within 2 minutes) asking for your voicemail password.
After you successfully enter the new password you’ll be able to access your voicemail once again.
Next post will be on how to rescue your iTurd. Yeah, I suppose it’s easy to guess why I was swapping my SIM card out.