- Sync your PC & Phone
- Sync your iPhone with Google Sync
- Sync your Mac Address Book with Google Sync
- Sync your Mac iCal with Google Sync
Are you a PC?
Google Sync for your iPhone
If you haven’t already, be sure to read Google Sync for your iPhone.
Mac Address Book & Google Contacts Sync
You can sync contacts in your Mac Address Book with your Google Contacts.
If you sync your address book with multiple Mac computers, use just one of those computers to sync with Google Contacts. You can’t sync contacts from an Exchange 2007 or Mac OS X Server account with Google Contacts.
- Choose Address Book > Preferences, click Accounts, choose On My Mac in your list of accounts, and then click Account Information.
- Select the “Synchronize with Google” checkbox.
- Read the advisory information and then click Agree to continue.
- Enter your Google Account information (such as firstname.lastname@example.org or, for Google Apps customers, email@example.com) and password, and then click OK.
- You can sync only one Google account.
- When the account name and password you entered are confirmed, the dialog disappears. You can close Address Book preferences now if you want.
- To do a manual sync, click the Sync menu in the menu bar and choose Sync Now.
- To add the Sync menu to the menu bar, open iSync, choose iSync > Preferences, and then select “Show status in menu bar.”
If you change your Google account name or password, click the Configure button to use the new account name or password to sync your contact information.
If lots of changes are detected during syncing, an alert is displayed and you can choose to continue or cancel the sync.
iCal & Google Calendar Sync
You can set up your Google calendar as a calendar account in iCal. Then you can use iCal to access and manage your Google Calendar.
To set up a Google Account in iCal:
- Choose iCal > Preferences and click Accounts.
- To add a new account, click the Add (+) button in the lower-left corner.
- Enter your Google email address and password, and then click Create.
How to Sync Multiple Calendars
- If you’d like to enable multiple calendars to sync from your Google Account, follow these steps:
- Open Safari on your iPhone and go to http://m.google.com/sync.
- Sign in with your account and select your iPhone to configure Calendars.
- If you use Google Apps, follow these steps:
- Open Safari on your iPhone and go to http://m.google.com.
- Click on Google Apps user? at the bottom of the screen.
- Enter your domain name (e.g., YourDomain.com).
- Click the Sync icon in your domain area (this section has a green background). Sign in if required.
- Select your iPhone to configure Calendars.