I sent new iPads to my mom and sisters. They loved them. Such an easy setup, right out of the box! However, there was one problem. They couldn’t figure out how to get their Google Contacts to show up! Here’s instructions for them, and you, on how to setup your Gmail to sync Google Contacts, Calendars and Email on your iPad or iPhone using Exchange.
How Do I Get My Google Contacts on My New iPad?
If you setup your Gmail account when you pulled your iPad out of the box, then it set up that account in a manner that doesn’t allow you to sync your Google Contacts, Calendar, Notes and Mail. No worries! It’s an easy fix!
We just have to delete your existing Google Account and setup a new one. All your data remains safe at Google, and will sync again when we’re done!
Remove Existing Google Account
- Launch Settings
- Tap Mail, Contacts, Calendar
- Select your Google Gmail account
- Tap Delete Account—don’t worry, your data is safe with Google—you’re just disconnecting from the account!
Setup Google Exchange Account
- In Settings, under Mail, Contacts, Calendar
- Tap Add Account
- Tap Microsoft Exchange
- Enter your Gmail email address (or Google Apps email)
- Leave domain blank
- Enter your email address as user name and enter your Gmail password.
- Tap Next.
- Once Server field appears enter m.google.com.
- Tap Next and turn on the Google features you want to sync:
Archive All Old Emails in Gmail
Ever wish you could figure out how to archive gmail messages faster than one screen at a time? Gmail’s archive feature is like saying “I’m done” with a message. It’s not gone, it’s just not in your inbox. A quick search and you can find it again.
So let’s clean up that inbox! Continue reading